Thread: Movies and TV Star Trek Picard
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2020, 11:49 AM   #350
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Eye View Post
I wish I could remember my reaction to them in 1987. I distinctly remember my father and I being excited for new Star Trek and I remember watching the premiere, but I don’t actually remember my reaction. I mean, I was 10 and that was 33 years ago, so it’s not surprising. It definitely grew to become one of my favorite shows of all time, but I wonder if my/our reaction to it now is more because of what we’ve become accustomed to in quality of TV, or if it was underwhelming back then as well. Or maybe the pure excitement of new Trek hid the warts?
It's a miracle it made it out of season 1 or season 2. Season 2, in particular, had cast changes, changes in the writer's room and a writer's strike, if I remember correctly. In any case those two seasons featured several of the worst episodes of the series.

I remember watching it weekly, being excited because it was new and cool, but even at 13 and 14 I recognized just how bad some of it was. Then there was Best of Both Worlds at the end of season 3,.and everything changed. One of the best cliffhangers ever and it became one of my favorite shows.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.