View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 12:36 PM   #937
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchiefs View Post
Of course I don’t want my family to get sick. But there are so many more diseases and illnesses that they are FAR more likely to contract. You can’t sit around and be paralyzed by fear. The death rates quoted are way overestimated, because to date only the sickest have even been tested. I don’t doubt that many more have had it and thought they had a bad cold. Irrational fear is exactly that. Irrational. People stopped drinking Corona beer for crying out loud. Educate yourself. You take a calculated risk every time you cross the street. But if you want to sit in the basement with your family, go ahead. This is not the plague. Really, it’s not. Swine flu, H1N1, SARS. The world didn’t come to an end. And the stock market was due for a correction. This was good excuse.
FWIW I'm not worried about myself personally as I'm healthy and relatively young. I took a calculated risk to go out and play poker and go to the gym yesterday. I'm going out to a bar with friends tonight.

However I am worried about loved ones, especially if the hospital system gets overloaded. I know a lot of people who are still completely pooh-poohing this, which worries me that they aren't altering their daily habits at all to wash their hands more or avoid close contact. My mom, who has hypertension, had a little kid cough in her face the other day and was joking about it. I'm like Mom - please try to be a little more careful. My Dad OTOH is completely terrified. I'll let you guess who watches which news networks.

Maybe right a little panic wouldn't be the worst thing if it gets people to wash their hands more and be a little more cautious.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.