Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 02:08 PM   #356
Bewegungsfreiheit fur alles

Oh yeah, feed 'em when you can. They won't drink syrup if they don't need/want it/too cold.

On Sat(2/29) I put a gallon each of 2:1 on 2 hives I thought might be light. Both had very little taken. In the past, I've had hives drink more than a gallon a day at this time of the year (if it is warm enough).

All of my hives were bringing in maple pollen (I think - I suck at pollen ID) like mad over the weekend, so they'll be broody soon I hope.
When I first came up to the hives n Sat, I noticed a bunch of pollen sacs lying on the ground. I had left my mouse guards on and they were knocking off the pollen as the bees would enter. So no more mouse guards.

I hope everyone's hives have made it through so far, and I hope we can soon start to see the nectar flow.
redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote