Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 10:12 AM   #354
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
Month, I think your friend is full of shit. Bees aren't active overnight and wouldn't have swarmed in after dark. He's pulling your leg.

It was nice today and my bees were active. We had a Warm day a week or so ago and I went down and dumped some dry sugar on top of the inner covers. I had pulled the dead hive apart and there wasn't a drop of honey in it, and as many dead bees as I found head down into empty cells, I'm. Ore convinced they starved out and not mites. I had caught that swarm in late July and I probably didn't supplement them enough?

Given that I decided to dump some dry shushed to them as the candy was gone. I had also bottled a couple of buckets and left those supplies down by the yard to clean them up and get a little food.

For those counting I did get my first sting of the year. I had a hooded sweatshirt and one guppy under the hood and got me on the forehead. Didn't hurt bad.

I had a couple of Gallon glass jars I had dry sugar in...and the damn coons got into those.

I'm pondering feeding them a little corn syrup to make sure they have enough to eat before dandelions pop? Dumb?
It could be but he isn’t really the type to make jokes or make stuff and my wife did see his vehicle at the hospital full of dead bees later that day but who knows
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.