View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 05:11 AM   #239
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I was thinking about Daniel Lynch compared to Montgomery and Lamb the other day.

Size and fastball velocity are similar. Main difference is that Lynch’s second pitch is a VERY snappy slider. I think being a college guy also gives him a leg up on the other two.

Lamb is probably my biggest disappointment from that 2011 farm system. Before the injury, he was 94-95 with the fastball with a crazy-good changeup and supposedly a really good slider the team was trying to turn into a curveball.

Then he had TJ, did a shitty job of rehabbing after, lost 2 mph on his fastball, lost his feel for the changeup (and action, and separation from the fastball) and never really found a breaking ball again.

It’s just too bad. It doesn’t surprise me that only one of those 4 lefties has been - at times - a very good MLb starter. It does surprise me it wasn’t Lamb.

But TINSTAAPP always rules the day...
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.