View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 09:11 AM   #33
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Snap View Post
As a football fan, I agree on the lamar/mahomes rivalry being great for the sport. As a chiefs fan, I hope it's just the mahomes show. **** everyone else

But excellent write up btw!

To me, I think Jackson and Watson are the current top contenders for true rivals for Mahomes. They’re in the AFC, on playoff teams, etc. But I can’t see Jackson progressing enough to REALLY make it a compelling rivalry. He has to win one at some point, and I don’t think it’s happening this year, either.

If I’m the Ravens, I’m drafting pass rushers and outside WR. Brown is a playmaker but they need more guys who can run 9 and deep post routes.

If teams are going to play Jackson to force throws outside the middle of the field, the Ravens need to counter with speedy receivers who can make people pay for leaving minimal deep passing coverage. Guys with big catch radii also help.

Of course, that makes it tough for the Ravens to also play 3 TE sets.

I think the best bets for a real rivalry aren’t playing in the NFL yet. Tua Tagavaloa has a shot, though I don’t love him. Burrow will have a shot. But I think the NFL’s dream would be for the Raiders to somehow be bad enough to have #1 and land Trevor Lawrence.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.