Thread: Money I owe the IRS $4,000
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 01:21 PM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
They also cleared it for my wife when our CPA ****ed up her taxes before we were married. She ended up getting a refund after initially owing over 100K in taxes as well as getting the interest rescinded. In her case, she sold a house for over 400K and for some reason the CPA screwed up and the entire proceeds of the house was shown as income. She actually sold the house for less than she bought it for and had to bring like 8 grand to closing to pay off the loan. So instead of paying capital gains tax on 400 grand, the amended return cleared the balance and actually gave her a refund. But it was still a royal pain in the ass dealing with the IRS and the CPA.
No offense, but did she even read her tax return?

I mean, holy shit, if my accountant listed my income as $400,000 dollars more than I earned, I'd hop on the phone immediately.

There's no freakin' way I'd sign the return and allow it to be filed.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.