View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 11:40 PM   #26950
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I was never worried about Cutler because even though the physical comps are similar - Cutler clearly is a mental midget who has no idea who to lead people. You only had to listen to Mahomes for a few seconds to realize he's in a completely different universe than Cutler.
And I hope the same will be true with the Rodgers comparison as well. I think Mahomes has a far more positive attitude and better leadership qualities than Rodgers. We'll see if that means anything over the long haul.

Russell Wilson also has a far more positive attitude and better leadership qualities than Rodgers, but Wilson still only has the 1 ring from early in his career when Seattle was paying him chump change and they had an elite defense. Pete Carroll has screwed up roster management through the years.

Mahomes will need the KC front office to do a really good job in the draft and smart contracts with the players around him to avoid a Wilson or Rodgers type situation. Even if you give discount as a QB, there is no guarantee the front office takes proper advantage of this. See the Chiefs in 2018. Cap hit of $4M for a QB that throws 50 TD/5000 yards and they had one of the worst defenses of all-time.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.