View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 01:25 AM   #24
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
That's one thing that scares me most about spending a 1st on a RB. You get 4 years and then a more expensive 5th year and then what? If he's great you almost feel compelled to extend him for big money because you burned that 1st. You wouldn't spend a 1st rounder every 4 to 5 years on a RB. I think you just churn a 3rd round pick every 4 years. I kind of feel the same about backup QB. Buy one in the 4th every 4 years for super cheap rather than buying a vet for $3m+ a season. That's two positions you basically lock up 4 years at a crack for 1-2 m per year rather than 6-7 per year.
As long as Pat is our QB we don't need a super dynamic RB. It's a nice luxury if we hit one in the draft, but it's not something we should be spending dollars on.

Make sure he has a solid line, a good tight end, and the rest will fall into place.

The Patriots gave us the play book for how to manage a roster around an elite QB.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.