View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 08:43 AM   #690
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
Which of these records belongs to Andy Reid?

200–126–1 (.613)
207–128–1 (.618)

Yes, Marty Schottenheimer is arguably a better coach than Andy Reid. The word arguably doesn't mean what several people on CP think it means, apparently.

Saying that Marty is arguably better than Andy means it could be argued. What he accomplished in Cleveland, Kansas City, and San Diego given the state of those teams when he took over, is more impressive than what Reid did in Philly and Kansas City.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Argue it, then.

Don't argue that he's almost as good - argue that he's better.

Because even your strongest data point - the comparable regular season records - doesn't support that Marty was better. Especially when you give us nonsense like "the state of those teams when he took over..."

Cleveland in '83: 9-7
Kansas City in '88: 4-11-1
Washington in '00: 8-8
San Diego in '01: 5-11 (with Drew Brees on the roster)

Marty's squads immediately before he took over were a combined 26-37-1 for a .414 winning percentage.

Eagles in '98: 3-13
Chiefs in '12: 2-14

Reid's squads were 5-27 for a staggeringly awful .156 winning percentage.

The 'state of those teams' when Marty took over were universally better than any of the teams that Reid took over. They weren't great, but they were clearly better.

So like I said - don't make an argument that he's almost as good. That's an arguable position that I wouldn't quibble loudly with.

Give me an argument that he's better. You just can't.

Marty was a good coach, but there is no argument to make at all that he was a better one than Andy Reid. Not regular season success, not post-season success, not the mountains he had to climb, not in terms of his impact/innovation in the league. There is simply no argument to be made that Marty Schottenheimer, as good as he was, was a better coach than Andy Reid.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote