View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 09:31 PM   #682
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
I am agreeing with most of what you said. But I do think that Andy could have managed the clock a little better on the final drive of the half. First and goal and 3 straight passes left time on the clock for Houston to get I to field goal range. Just one run could have bled the clock down to nearly nothing. But that's just nitpicking. It worked out.
Reviewing those last three plays it looks a lot like Andy/Pat were trying to get Damien involved in the drive (1st-and-goal) and then DRob on 2nd-and-goal. If Pat's not stepping backwards when he throws to Damien, that's an easy TD. And he's not being dragged down when he throws to DRob, there's no one within 7-8 yards of DRob. The play design sent everyone to the left, and someone interferes with DRob's defender just enough to force them to lose a step in trail. If either play scores, there would've been a little over a minute left.

Maybe Andy was thinking about getting the ball back again?

It's not crazy; with a minute to go and two TOs in his pocket, HOU would be forced to throw to move down the field to get into scoring position. Spags could do his thing, maybe force a T/O, and maybe even a short field with time on the clock.

If all he wanted to do was run down the clock, he's did that before against the Lions. And whichever other team that was.

But he obviously tried to score quickly there.

I think maybe he was looking for a gift from Billy O' Brien. Whatever. That last series makes a complete fiction of the idea that Andy doesn't know how to score quickly when necessary. He went 90 yards in 5 plays and about 1:30 minutes.

The whole BS idea that Andy would call a 16 or 13 play drive on purpose because he can't tell time is utter nonsense.

Last edited by Megatron96; 01-16-2020 at 12:45 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.