View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 06:25 PM   #676
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117 View Post
First, thank you for your intelligent reply as opposed to Mega's very insightful "stupid" comment.

Second, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on whether this philosophy of Andy's is a feature or bug. There are certain situations where you need to be both smart and quick at the same time, and if you fail to do one or the other, then you lose. If Andy cannot get effective plays in quickly enough, especially when I've witnessed other coaches be able to do it (Belichick has used an array of speeds from slow to quick no-huddle to his advantage many times), then to me that's a flaw compared to other great coaches. Calling an effective play and getting a play off quickly are not two mutually exclusive things. This is what andy fails to realize and what other great coaches have been able to do successfully.

Wouldn't you agree that it gives your team an advantage if you can get effective plays called in and do it quickly at the same time? I'm not saying it's easy to do, otherwise belichick and other great coaches wouldn't be so special, but it certainly can be done and has been by other great coaches.

When you have the ball on offense, you can dictate the pace and manipulate the clock to your advantage. Andy basically forfeits this important tool every game with his backwards philosophy. For example, the chargers loss last year where he could have ran more clock and left the chargers with less time to come back. However, Andy, either because his plays are too complicated and he needed a stop to figure things out or because his players needed to "calm down", had to stop the clock to get the right play in.

I'm not looking to be contrarian on Reid. I've witnessed his philosophy bite him in the ass numerous times over 2 decades. Like I said, I think we can win a super bowl despite it, but historically, he has not had good luck in finishing a season with a super bowl with his philosophy. The history seems to be on my side in this debate and I think common sense is as well. There are always exceptions where things change so I'm hoping this year is one of those times.
Sorry, let me be more precise. Your and idiot.

That reeruned "clock management" issue that you keep harping on, without a shred of evidence or data to back up your claims, was blown completely out of the water yesterday, or weren't you sharp enough to see it right there in front of your face?

In the 2nd quarter, Andy calls a quick drive after the great kick return to score at about 9:55 remaining in the half.

The defense gets the ball back to him and he runs another quick drive and scores another TD in near-record time, leaving more than 6 minutes on the clock.

We get the ball back again, and Andy calls yet a third drive that scores in an NFL playoff record time of 3:23 seconds.

And then when he gets the ball back a fourth time, he calls a final TD scoring drive while leaving the Texans about a half a minute on the clock.

That's the greatest "clock management" performance you've ever seen, dipstick.

Write it down. Staple it to your forehead.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote