View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 03:38 PM   #203
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx View Post
I have a crown on 14 that keeps coming loose. After it cracked in half I went without for about 6 months. I finally go in to the dentist and they did a reduction so they could get more post to bond the crown onto. This new crown didn't fit correctly and I told the nurse as much... when I closed my mouth it was the first thing to touch and I had to bite down hard in order for my other teeth to make contact. She gave no ****s and said the paper I was biting into looked just fine. So much for the "royal treatment" joke she made in reference to the crown.

Fast forward 6 months, about a week before I move to another state, and the crown comes off again while I am eating. It came down hard on 19 (which cracked open to the pulp) and sheared off the back side of 13. Go back to the dentist who, due to my moving states, does a masterful job of filling/rebuilding 13 and 19. Then she ground the crown down further so it actually fits my mouth. Told me I need to see a dentist when I get to my new place but work fell through and had no insurance.

Fast forward again... this time 4 months. The ****ing crown is wiggly again but at least it doesn't come off the post. That said, my gum around the crown isn't happy... at all.

The best experience I've had was this last dentist, she was very generous with the happy gas and numbing agents as I don't do well at the dentist, who is 800 miles away from me and even she couldn't get my crown to stay in.

I'm about done with it. If it falls off or cracks again I may just call it done and leave it off for good because I cannot keep going back to the dentist to fix the same issue over and over and over again.

13 is super sensitive to cold but 19, the one that went down to the pulp, is solid.

WHY WONT MY CROWN JUST STAY PUT?!?!?!

/edit - I may have the tooth numbers wrong but top right first molar is the one with the crown.
When the tooth was first prepped it may have been overtapered or something. Could be a short tooth and just isn't enough to bond too. Hard to tell.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.