View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 03:05 PM   #193
MVP

So, O. City, I've got a good one for ya. So over the weekend, I get a call from a lady I worked on last summer. She was new to the office. She's a phobic patient, hadn't been to see a dentist in 15 years, had shitty dentists in the past, blah blah blah. Anyhow, I use kid gloves and TLC.

She tells me she's broken a tooth. "one you worked on" she says. Tells me "it's the crown you did on the upper left. The last tooth in the back".

I tell her I'll meet her at the office (this is a Saturday btw). She says she can't. I tell her I'll see her Monday morning. She says she can't. I tell her to call Monday morning. She calls, sets up a time to see me Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday around noon, she calls and cancels and reschedules for Wednesday.

She comes in, and tells me that she bit on the hard red and white mint that you get a Chik Filet. "I knew I shouldn't have bit into that, I've never done that" she says. I look at the upper left and there is a piece of tooth missing from the distal (back) of tooth 14, which is not the back tooth. It's a tooth I had done a filling on, but just on the biting surface of the tooth. The crown I did is on the bottome btw. She tells me she thinks its "my work" that failed. I tell her that the mint is pretty darned hard and it would break any tooth. She tells me she isn't gonna pay to fix something I did that failed.
I tell her that even though I think the mint contributed to the problem (it was the problem) that she'd not have to pay because I just felt like taking care of her.
She kept saying "I'm just not prepared to take full responsibility for this" over and over. I finally sat back, took my gloves off, and said "look, if you want to go somewhere else, I'd be thrilled. Really, I'd be super happy. But, since you are here, I'm here, and I'm willing to fix this for no cost, we can either do this right now without wasting any more of my time, or you can leave now. It's up to you" She tells me she wants it fixed. I fix it. Then she proceeds to tell me that she thinks I did something extra so it wouldn't fail this time. WTF? I cleaned it, bonded it, cured it, polished it. Same as I've done ten thousand times. Freaks
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.