View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 11:50 AM   #3092
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I have no idea on the surplus value stat. I'll trust you on your numbers. I love Arenado, always have. But, Carlson seems like a cant miss player. We need him badly, Gorman will hit for power but is he cant miss?

Why would Colorado take our shit contracts of aging players? And why would Carp or Fowler approve the trade?
They take on a bad contract because I can't see 2 years of Arenado at $70 million total getting them a top 50 prospect on it's own, especially when that 2 years comes with the downside/risk of him declining outside of Coors and locking you into another 5 years/$164 million through his age 31 through 35 seasons.

Like I said, unless Philly jumps in with a 'damn the torpedoes' approach and throws Bohm on the table while absorbing the contract, the other 'big money' teams in the league have either shot their wad or are at their budget limits. I don't see them doing much better than what the Cards can offer there.

As for the NTCs - Fowler waives his because he started in Colorado, has spoken highly of it, has a home in Vegas (much closer) and his wife appears to hate STL. Carpenter waives his because he has a 2022 vesting option that triggers at 1100 plate appearances and you tell him "Dude - you're a bench player if you stay. You can go to Colorado and use that thin air to bounce-back, get your ABs and vest that $18.5 million option or you can reject the deal, sit the bench behind Tommy Edman and watch your career/earnings potential whither away due to your ability to hawk Salsa at the local Dierburgs..."

They both have good reasons to waive their NTCs.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.