View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 03:09 PM   #14342
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
If you're just trying to get heat into stuff, and the supermarket carried Famous Dave's, you should have checked to see if they had Wilbur's Revenge.

Mrs. Renfros is hot salsa, but I don't see it having the concentrated heat to still be hot when used to flavor chili, unless of course you use a shit-ton of it.

Tip - if you want to really eff with people, mask the heat with sweet. Put some brown sugar or molasses in your chili. It'll still hit them, but they'll take a couple bites and wolf it down before they whole effect hits them.

Also, to get the most out of your harbeneros. Simmer the chilli with them in there, then when you go to serve, pull the peppers out and puree them whole then mix them back in.
I'm making these for wangs not chili that was yesterday but i appreciate the suggestions. I blended the salsa with the other stuff and made a marinate to cook in the oven and I topped it with chocolate pieces so its sweet and its turning out really good but just barely a taste. I did brown sugar also and i think its going have the effect your saying hit them. The chocolate melts into the sauce just perfect and glazes the wangs.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.