View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 02:49 PM   #3
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
There may have been exotic new developments in the past year or so, but my understanding over the past 20 or so of building PCs [personal level, 5-6 for myself and 3-4 more for family, counting only from scratch not just upgrades] is that the socket drives compatibility or danger of damage.

That is, if your MOBO has a slot for the part, you're not going to damage the part by using that slot. It might be underpowered or not operating at an optimal level. But if the power and speed demands are such that a lesser rig could damage it, they update the slot or socket.

The only caveat is you might run some risk running a powerful graphics card with a shitty power supply. But 750W Plus Gold should be sufficient. The RAM and storage should affect the graphics card at all, except if they sap too much power from a shitty supply. So if you're still apprehensive, run it with just the RAM and core storage, and add additional peripherals as you gain confidence in the rig.
Thanks BL. The bolded is the part about which I was concerned. Having never done an upgrade before I don't know what to watch out for so appreciate the input.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.