View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 12:44 PM   #206
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Holy balls. That’s not normal is it? That’s cutting it pretty close.
No. It's completely and utterly abnormal and unprecedented for a blockbuster film.

Personally, I blame Bob Iger for any shortcomings from Episode IX because he refused to change the release date from December 2019 to May 2020, which IMO, would have made perfect sense since the original film was released May 25th, 1977.

It put a massive amount of pressure on Lucasfilm, Chris Terrio and Abrams to write the story, which led to much of it being re-written on set and a massive amount of reshoots, all in far less time that was allocated for TFA and TLJ.

The extra 6 months may have bummed out some of the fans but I absolutely guarantee that no matter how well the movie is received by the fans, it would have been better with more time.

How much better? We'll never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Re: Rogue One Series. Where are they going with that? Didn’t that story kind of, you know, end? I mean if it’s a good story I’ll watch whatever, I’m just curious how it will go.
The Rogue One prequel series has been in the works for at least 16 months. Gareth Edwards was in talks for quite a while to become the Executive Producer, Show Runner and writer and was super excited about it. I guess they couldn't come to a final agreement (the last time I saw him it had just happened, so I didn't want to intrude) because Lucasfilm moved on from him and turned to Tony Gilroy, who wrote and directed all of the reshoots, including the awesome 3rd act (Gareth supervised and directed all of the VFX scenes, including the final battle).

The Prequel series will star Diego Luna as Cassian Andor and Alan Tudyk as K2SO. The show begins filming next summer for an early 2021 release on Disney+. It'll be about Cassian's life as a Rebel spy, so we'll see characters like Mon Mothma and Bail Organa, along with others, including Imperials. From what I hear, it'll be eight episodes but I haven't heard anything about run time.

Gilroy hasn't even begun writing the series yet so there are no true plot details or leaks at this point and considering how Lucasfilm kept The Mandalorian's biggest secret under wraps, we may not know anything until its debut.

I'm hoping to see Vader, at least in the final episode. It wouldn't be right without an appearance, IMO.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.