Thread: Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 07:32 PM   #228
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I didn’t want more money for VFX. As others mentioned, Great decsions on going with baby Yoda puppet and real costumes, not CGI. I don’t know what’s cannon and what’s legend that in depth to catch everything. Just wanted more shooting episode time. Chance to flesh out some background on these charectors that I don’t know like you guys.
This is pretty much a Dave Filoni "Season 1". We're introduced to the characters and sometimes the action can be slow. Generally speaking, the best episodes occur at the end of the season but the following season(s) start out with a bang.

This is their general M.O. when it comes to new characters and new Star Wars series so while it can be frustrating at times, the payoff should be really good. That said, I don't expect the same from the Obi Wan series nor the Rogue One series as the audience is far more familiar with the characters and their backstories.

Quote:
It’s getting better with each episode. They are hitting almost every note to give the fans some Star Wars universe stories they actually care about.
Now that they've established the characters a bit, the last two episodes *should be* really, really good but I'm not sure how much people "care" about the Mando. It seems like people care more about Baby Yoda, which will be a problem if he/she isn't a central part of the show in Season 2. Watching the Mando run around the galaxy chasing "bad guys" could get dull very quickly.

Quote:
Now, get me my god damn Darth Vader movie.
Unfortunately, I haven't heard a peep about a Vader movie although there is another series in development which I've heard deals with the "Seedy Underground" of Coruscant, set in the same time period of Solo: A Star Wars Movie.

But there is another rumor floating out there about an additional series set during that same period, featuring Dr. Aphra, who's a Marvel/Star Wars comic creation (who happens to be a lesbian) that works for Vader.

That might be the closest we get for a while, even if it's true.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.