View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 08:21 AM   #774
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
I don't think a coach should avoid intentionally fouling over honor. If you don't like a game being decided by fouling a player who doesn't have the ball, and I never have, the rules should be changed. But coaches should try to win within what the rules allow.

I would change both college and NBA so if a player not involved with the ball is fouled, team gets option to take ball out of bounds with short reset of shooting clock.

A player who is about to catch or has just thrown a pass is involved with the ball.
The strategy of fouling intentionally won Bob Knight a National Championship in 87. And it certainly helped KU in 2008.

But I agree that fouling a specific player, off the ball, just to put him on the line at the end of the game, should not be an option. But the problem is that there are legitimate off the ball fouls, like grabbing a cutting player when defending an inbounds play, that should put players on the line.

But the officials already can't get verticality or the charge/block calls correct, so changes to the rule book adding another judgement call in tight game situations would undoubtedly just lead to more controversy.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.