Thread: Movies and TV Bond 25: No Time To Die
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 12:26 PM   #25
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I've warmed to Idris Elba as Bond, even though I kinda don't see the point. I just like the guy. The more I've seen of him, the more I like him. I still wonder if he has the 'suave' gear. He mostly plays 'rugged'. That said, Craig's Bond has kinda taken the franchise in that direction anyway so that stumbling block isn't as significant anymore.

The problem is that Elba has gotta be near 50 years old. And I know Craig is 50 but he's also been doing this for, what, 10+ years? Guy was in his late 30s when he was cast. He took the reigns damn near a full decade younger than Elba would be when Elba took over.

If you're gonna re-boot it with a new actor, you can't do the 'Bond is Old' thing for another 6-8 years.

Hardy presents a similar situation but I think Hardy looks a little younger than Elba. Hiddleston managed to turn into a parody of himself somehow and get knocked out of contention.

Nicholas Hoult ever get any traction in these conversations?
Man, I don’t know. Hardy is the only here I’d consider but, the age is a factor. I just can’t come up with anyone that excites me, or who’s time for that roll hasn’t all ready passed.

It doesn’t seem like a good fit but, no one (myself included) thought Damon was going to pull off a character like Bourne - Benedict Cumberbatch? I’m trying to envision and only getting half way there. And even if it were a good fit we run into the age issue as he is already in his 40’s, putting him pretty close to that 50 mark by time his first film debuted. I don’t know. Actors from the UK play Americans all the time, perhaps we’ve reached the point where the opposite needs to happen to increase the size of the talent pool.

Last edited by Raiderhater; 12-04-2019 at 12:31 PM..
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.