View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 10:25 PM   #6668
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I don’t need you to explain anything. I wouldn’t disagree that burning two 1sts for a CB and hoping he can play like prime Revis is not a good idea. I have no issue with you saying that.

Again, I have an issue with you saying there’s not a huge gap between good and great CBs. You certainly didn’t mean it in a “cost analysis” way either because you immediately doubled down and said you think shutdown corners are a myth.

Just say that you misspoke and we can move on.
They are.

I don't see anything like prime Revis in today's NFL. You can disagree. That was a 'shutdown' corner. The rules were called differently in his prime.

There are still guys that are great, and there are guys that are good, but the rules are as such to make it really difficult to be 'shut down'. As in your #1 WR gets nothing one on one all day long.

Gilmore's about as good as it gets; and he's often on the #2 WR as BB likes to bracket the #1 WR with a CB and a S and leave his best corner on the #2. Patrick and Tyreek and company hung 40 and a gazillion yards on that defense last year. How 'shutdown' was he?

And so, yes, I don't believe there's all that much difference in having a plus player at the position and a PLUS PLUS player. Not when there other problem areas on the defense, and not in regards to cost to BUY an elite corner.

But whatever. You can be obstinate if you want.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.