Thread: Home and Auto Tesla Cybertruck
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 09:21 PM   #213
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturnis View Post
1. It's an electric vehicle so it's defacto more reliable than any trick you can buy. No belts, pulleys, transmission, oils/fluids, spark plugs etc.

Just battery and motor. As long as you have good connection and no pieces of metal stabbed through the battery, you should be good.

2. Shouldn't need a toolbox aside from the organization aspect of it all as the tonneau bed cover is aluminum and you can walk all over it. Your stuff should be secure just in the bed.

It's also got built-in 110/220v outlets and air compressor utility ports from the dynamically adjustable air suspension.

3.Windshield wiper blades and tires. Maybe some grease for the suspension. Only other things would be the glycol or whatever they run through the thermal management system but they generally take care of that at this point.

Model 3 recommended maintenance schedule is every 2 years for reference.

4. It's a 2500 for $40k.

3500lb payload
14,000lb towing
16 inch ground clearance(4 inch adjustable)
Probably near limitless torque etc

Maintenance is essentially 0, and $18-$24 to get your full 500 miles of range.

There's literally no economic case against it.

There is though, a lot of "it's not a real truck" bs floating in here but so far the only legitimate complaint I hear is "you can't sit on slanted bed rails".

Honestly, what couldn't this truck do? If anything, this is more capable than a 2500 with unknown utility yet to be add through software updates.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I forgot you were the Tesla ballwasher around here.

1. Look dude. I am fully apprised of the maintenance benefits of electric vs internal combustion. Notorious and I were straight giddy at the prospect. I get it. But there is 0% chance I'm going to be the beta test for this shit on the farm. None. I have a program I get along with with gassers. I don't need to be the guy that figures out what they need to re-engineer. And to pretend these things are going to be perfect with serial number 001 is straight up intergallactically stupid.

2. Says the dude that has never used tools. Suggesting that a guy with a shitload of tools needed in the field should just throw them in the bed is also...you guessed it...intergallactically stupid.

I don't carry a generator, so I don't much care about the 110/220. As far as the air, I'm 99.99999999% sure it won't be enough to do any real good. We have compressors on all the semis for suspensions to hold up 100K lb and they don't move near enough CFM to do any real good. There is no way a compressor for a tiny little pickup suspension is going to do anything substantial. They just wouldn't pull that many amps from the drivetrain to do it.

3. I run a whole ****load of electrical shit on the farm. None of it is maintenance free completely. Although if Musk gets the engineering right, it should be relatively worry free.

4. Yeah. I read the specs. We'll see. Like I said, if it delivers, I'm all over it like stink on shit. But we'll see.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote