Thread: Home and Auto Tesla Cybertruck
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 05:40 PM   #182
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underEJ View Post
Is that true? I had a Chevy Volt and it was exceptional in cold weather, both for running well and for driving in snow and ice. Is that something for which Chevy was just more successful than other electric manufacturers?
No. It's the inherent nature of liquid battery cells. Operate best in the low 70's.

I'm not sure that will be an issue for the truck as I'm not sure they plan on using either the 18650 or 2170 cell architectures and seem to be on the verge of commercializing their own solid state batteries, which the cold wouldn't affect nearly as much.

The beauty is that even if it is an issue, with the 500+ like range, you'll still get 400+ miles per charge and recharge should be even faster than the Model 3 with all that battery to take the charge.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.