Thread: Movies and TV Disney+ coming November 12th
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 03:33 PM   #138
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I can't think of a network that doesn't have a streaming app for most, if not all, platforms.

I can access every app/channel included in my Direct TV package but of course, I'm a "subscriber", so all I need to do is login to those apps (Disney, FX, FXX, etc.). CBS All Access being the lone "pay wall".

Also, keep in mind that Universal, Disney and Warner Brothers (including TBS, TNT, TruTV, etc.) are all pulling content from Netflix and Amazon so TV series like Friends, The Office, Parks & Rec, et al, will only be available to stream from their respective "Parent" companies. There's a rumor that the NBC/Universal app will be free of charge but if that happens, it most likely won't be ad-free.

But as I mentioned earlier, I think it will be at least a decade, if ever, when bundles are offered in a cafeteria style purchase.

It's gonna get messy.
This is our capitalistic system. We think in the long run that individuals and corporations greed will be better for us. It's hard to argue against that system. Look around us, we are the biggest economy ever.

Every entertainment entity wants to keep all their content to themselves and not share the profits with Netflix, HBO, Comcast etc. Let the consumer decide approach.

If Dane's prediction of a decade before we get another consolation or shift in the paradigm on how we receive content. I think tech will decide that for the market before these other content and consumer demands force consolidation.

I come at this from a tech prospective. Automation, Big Data and AI will have matured into the main stream within 5 years. EVERYTHING will change including how we get our entertainment content.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.