Thread: Money Jury Duty
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 11:48 AM   #33
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I am curious. I own my own business, and if I am selected for Jury Duty that went to trial it will literally cost me thousands of dollars in lost business.

If I said,"Since you are costing me thousands, I am going to vote the opposite of the other jurors no matter what.", what would happen to me?
In most places, a financial hardship excuses jurors. Self employment is considered a financial hardship. In some jurisdictions you could contact the jury clerk, advise you are self employed and be excused. In others, you have to go to court and tell the judge, who excuses you. Check with your jury clerk if you’re summoned.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote