View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 07:38 AM   #117
Distributor of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
I had a feeling that the Chiefs were allowing other teams to score big in the 2nd half, so I broke down points For vs points against by half in each game.

Turns out the defense is allowing FEWER points in the 2nd half on average (total 121 vs 118)

its the OFFENSE that loses its steam in the second half, by a huge margin, 174 vs 110 points.

We've gone into halftime tied in 3 out of 10 games. We've gone to halftime down only twice, and lost both those games (Houston and IND)

Discuss.
Not gonna go look it up but before any blame is placed on this offense, I’d like to see defensive TOP in the second half vs. the first. How long are they in the field in the second half?

Edit: I know we were 27th in opponents TOP before Sunday, I’m sure we went up in the rankings because we dominated TOP in that game (even though it made no difference whatsoever).

I’m also not big on stats to try and prove points. It’s easy to cherry-pick. I keep harping on TOP because we need possessions on offense to force the defense to be one dimensional—to play from behind. It’s the same issue we face in the Vermiel years. That defense was terrible but when they won, they forced turnovers to get the offense more possessions. However, when they lost the defense couldn’t get off the field.

This team is very similar.

Last edited by bobbything; 11-12-2019 at 07:50 AM..
bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.bobbything would the whole thing.