View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 11:54 AM   #9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iron Chief View Post
So my first questions are
LAX is truly a nightmare?
The surrounding highways...will I be at a stand still til I've cleared LA?

Google maps shows us I'll be using Highway numbers.. 105/605/10
Anything interesting to see on this ride?
I'm guessing I'll see some scenic views that I'm not used to which is interesting in itself.

Our list to dos are..

Soak up the scenery type(Rocks,cactus, desert terrain wildlife etc. that we've never seen before.
Going on the popular Palm springs Aerial Tramway.
Once were 8500 FT above the sea level..is it worth doing the 2 hour hike to the peak(10,000 FT)? has anyone been here or done this?
You didn't mention what day you are arriving?

Yes, LAX is a nightmare. Certainly right now, with all of the construction. It's a major pain in the ass.

Yes, you will be hitting traffic. I'm an Airborne Traffic and News Reporter for a News Radio Station here, I fly the freeways Monday-Friday. If you land at Noon during the week, I would imagine you will probably be departing LAX somewhere around 1:00-1:30 PM, maybe later. That is the getting into peak drive time during the afternoon, which lasts until 7:30, even later. Things start tapering off around 6:30 though.

Your route of the 105, 605 to the 10 will have the following traffic congestion:

105 Eastbound will be on and off slow from LAX toward the 605. If there isn't a wreck, it won't be locked up totally solid...but it will be slow...

605 Northbound will be slow from the 105 to the 5, and then on and off slow slowing will continue through the 60 freeway toward the 10

10 Eastbound will be slow from the 605 to toward the Azusa Avenue exit, and then get heavier from the 57 through Pomona - On and Off slowing will continue through Ontario and Fontana, and slowing through Rialto, San Bernardino and Redlands will also be a reality.

Actually, the path of least resistance would be taking the 405 Southbound to Artesia Blvd, head Eastbound on Artesia which will take you to the 91. You can take the 91 Eastbound into Riverside, onto the 60/215 (basically the 60) through Moreno Valley - the 60 Terminates at the 10, which you can pick up and continue to Palm Springs (10 to the 111) - The entire route will be slow.

The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is FUN! Bring a jacket, it will be chilly at elevation, especially this time of year.

Feel free to PM me for my cell number. I'll check out traffic for you and try to give you a heads up if anything crazy is going on.

Good Luck

Scott
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote