View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 11:19 PM   #2093
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Did he have a lot of better choices? I don't recall Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers being available at the time. If I'm wrong, please educate me.

Alex Smith was the best option out of the limited options at the time. And as I recall, there was hope of a significant upside. It simply didn't pan out. Alex became what he was always going to become, because at the end of the day he didn't have that personality trait to just pull the trigger when he needed to. I don't see how that's anyone's fault.

And if we're honest, when you consider what the Chiefs were prior to Andy Reid and Alex Smith, they both were a huge upgrade, right?

Bottom line, the Chiefs organization gave Andy five years to figure out if Alex was the guy. Alex didn't grow into the position. Andy drafted a new guy.

And here we are.
He had been wanting to trade for Alex Smith since he was in Philly. Don't act like he was just out of options. If there were other options Alex Smith would have still been his choice.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.