Thread: Chiefs Frank Clark ****ing sucks
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 06:08 AM   #887
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzie04 View Post
He is Responsible for a gap (or two) but he is Playing/reading based on what the tackle does. I do agree with your assessment of our run defense issues though. I actually don't disagree with most anything you said, other than he doesn't read the tackle. Thats one of the first things youre taught as a D lineman. If he blocks down, get hands on him, look for pulling guard, backfield, can be counter, inside zone, etc.
Right- he does make a read based on where he is aligned but gap integrity is always going to be primary focus. Like in your example, if he is playing a 5 tech on the open side and the tackle blocks down then he will absolutely scrape down while watching for either a pulling guard, reverse or waggle action. I agree with what your saying. Some of the other posts are making out to sound like they have no responsibilities- just line up and go.
Aspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliAspengc8 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli