Thread: Chiefs Frank Clark ****ing sucks
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 08:20 AM   #824
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
In the Ravens 1st 2 weeks they ran right 61% of the time. No one wants to touch that comment though. Also he's not just getting doubled teamed, he's now getting triple teamed!!!! If the guys at AP wanted to be more convincing about Frank being double teamed they could easily prove it. Just put a gif of all the plays in which he was double teamed, but they don't do that. They pick out 1 play that he was double teamed on (Usually not even an actual double team, because it's a 3-4 man rush, so a couple of lineman don't have anyone else to block) and then we get a gif of 1 or 2 plays in which he did well. Hell, sometimes those "good" plays are him whiffing on a tackle or a sack. I want this mother****er to be elite, but he's not even close. He's pretty much Tyson Jackson.
I hadn't seen that stat but yeah, that's largely the impression I got as well. From my seat and in real time I was thinking about 2/3 of their run plays started right (and many became cut-backs) (so I was a little high, but not much). And it didn't matter where Clark was when they were doing that - when he moved to the strong side, they kept running right. And of course that's what they did - again, they're an RPO team with a RH quarterback and an all-world RG. Duuuuuuuuuh.

Like you said, if they really wanted to make that argument well, it wouldn't have been hard provided that the evidence was there to do it. They didn't try to because they almost certainly couldn't. I did 'watch the games' and I guarantee I watched those plays more closely than anyone on this board because I was going to make a point of giving the dude a fair shake when I finally got to see him in person.

And from the stands he was worse than he has been on television.

And yet when some blogger tosses a throwaway line out there that states his conclusion as his supporting argument, I'm supposed to just turtle up and run home?

FFS, just how often should a player be run AT!? "Well he didn't get run at 50% of the time so he's clearly an elite run defender...."

C'mon.

It's just the excuse-making for this guy that drives me nuts.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote