Thread: Chiefs Frank Clark ****ing sucks
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 07:50 AM   #821
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
I thought Arrowhead pride did a great job of ripping people like you last week. I am not making it about you. You are just a cry baby which everyone knows. And most would do better to take the opposite side of any take you offer.
I do ever so love those that hide behind the skirts of a byline.

Arrowhead Pride did exactly what you and others in this thread have done for the last 4 weeks - you've assigned a pre-determined cause to what you're looking at.

That article said one thing that y'all seized on and said it poorly at that. It didn't even define what 'running away from' Clark is. Does that mean a stretch zone that the RB takes a cutback on? It very easily could mean that and that has nothing to do with Frank Clark; that's simply seeing a cutback lane and taking it. And the Ravens did a TON of that in that game but they didn't do it because of Frank Clark, they did it because a cutback up the middle on a stretch read will always yield a nice gain if that cutback opens up.

Moreover, it still did nothing to speak to the causation/correlation problem. Clark spent the first part of the game primarily on the weak side of the formation and the QBs left. Meanwhile the Ravens run right because they HAVE to if they're going to sell the RPO action (can't do an RPO left with Lamar Jackson). So they 'ran away' from Clark by the natural design of their offense. Additionally, that's where the TE is (more blockers) and where Marshall Yanda is. There are 3 very obvious reasons why the Ravens would've run to the right side and 'away' from Clark, but none of them are 'because Frank Clark is a scary, scary man'.

He didn't address the fact that they were still running right when Clark moved to the left. He didn't establish his methodology. He did nothing to attempt to parse causation from correlation at all.

He picked a conclusion and stated that conclusion and then provided little in the way of supporting argument or evidence for it.

Meanwhile, we have the same tired excuse making about Clark in this thread about his double teams and chips. Most elite pass-rushers don't have a teammate as good as Chris Jones, lads. Most of them get MORE attention than Frank Clark is getting. God, to listen to you people tell it, nobody has ever gotten chipped but Frank Clark. I mean it's CHIP people - he doesn't have snipers shooting at his ****ing knees.

And as I've been saying all along - he's getting a TON of single-teamed reps and does nothing with them. Remember in the Jags game when I said "uh, guys - this cat's getting handled 1v1 by Tight Ends..." and y'all insisted that it was impossible because he's clearly a stud. Fellas - he's STILL getting handled 1v1 by tight ends. And tackles. And anyone else.

He's playing like ass. Let Arrowhide Pride do (bad) work for you all you want, but if you'd be willing to view his performance with any kind of critical eye, you'd realize he's playing extremely poorly.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote