View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 09:10 PM   #134
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale View Post
I think you're part right and part wrong.

I think Stafford, Cutler, and Rodgers are all similar in pure talent when they came into the league. They're all different mentally and in terms of their situations.

Stafford, in a different situation, probably doesn't turn into what he is. After being with the lions he's just passionless at this point. Collecting a check and relying on his talent to coast.

He's turned INTO Jay Cutler, but Jay was always an apathetic half asser with gobs of ability. I don't think Jay improved one bit from his rookie season to his last snap. He just didn't CARE. He had no passion. Ever.

I think the Lions beat that kind of apathy into him. The end result is the same, but it's sad how he got there. With Jay Cutler it's sad his career didn't end up more like Jeff George. He wasted his own talent. The Lions wasted Stafford's.
That's what troubled me with the Draft comparisons of Mahomes & Cutler. I guess it's hard for the media people to judge the internal drive on the kids. But I still don't like the Cutler comparison given his reputation for not giving a crap.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.