View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 02:05 PM   #14164
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Looks beautiful BEP but I could never seem to get into the coconut shrimp thing. The sweetness of the coconut just turns me off with shrimps. My wife on the other hand loves coconut shrimp. Her being from a country with coconut out the ying yang I'd thought she would have had before. Turns out mostly in a hot spicy sauce.
I didn't use sweetened coconut. I never buy that kind even when using for a cake topping. The sauce I made to dip them in was semi-sweet though. I forgot to post a picture of that.

I was never crazy about the idea myself, but some friends had it down by the beach one evening. So I got curious. Mainly because it was so brown in color when coconut is white. I thought I'd see how that could happen and it didn't taste the good when I tried some. But this actually tasted very good and went well with the rice cooked in Thai coconut milk with some lime zest and cilantro. I was surprised at how good the shrimp tasted. I'd definitely make this one again.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.