View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 06:50 PM   #1698
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
You were lambasting him throughout 2018 when I told you again and again that his peripherals showed it was just batted ball luck. You continued to lambaste him throughout the year, even though he put up 5 wins and had the second most valuable year of his career. You were wrong and the numbers eventually regressed to the mean.

I have been highly critical of his play this season, because it's clear from his exit velocities and Statcast numbers that he's in an obvious and precipitous decline. I hated his contract extension and immediately went on record as such because I saw it as an unnecessary risk for someone you already controlled through 2020 w/ the option of tagging on a QO to keep for 2021. It's all in this thread, too.

You can be pro-2018 Carp and anti-2019 Carp. In fact, it's the only rational stance to take.
His 2019 season was a bust. Yes he had an INSANELY hot 2-3 month streak but he then folded in September again. And we missed the playoffs by a handful of games.

I don't care what his saber metrics were overall for the season, if your numbers are smashed in the middle of 2 black holes its not a good year, period.

He helped dig the hole they were in, he helped pull them out of the hole, he then put them back in the hole. Not a good season. Period. And thats not irrational.

As I have said his whole career he is a head case.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.