View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 09:13 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Theoretically, though, having 2 Okafors would financially allow you to add more to other parts of the defense, making those 2's job easier.
To a point, I agree. I don't know that you need $20 million guys on the edges, but you need good players there and preferably ones that can get double the sacks that Okafor does. That said, I'd dump more assets defensively into the front 4 than anywhere else. They reduce the amount of time spent in coverage by all other positions and help reduce the workload in the run game. You let a guy like Jones walk to instead dump millions into a top-flight CB, for instance, I think you're making your team worse. I'm also a fan of putting resources into the DT position over and above all others defensively. They have the quickest route to disrupting plays, and if they are good at it like Jones then you don't let that go. There's only a handful of guys in the league that can disrupt like Jones. Pay the man his money.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.