Thread: Football Chiefs the only team......
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 10:58 AM   #25
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAX View Post
On several occasions, Lenny has said that the Miami loss broke that team and they were never able to recover. I've never understood what he meant by that ... so if anyone knows, please share.

FAX
It broke several of us fans, too. It was the last game at old Muni, on Christmas Day, and the game was blacked out locally. I remember going over to one of my dad's neighbors to watch it. He had a 30' amplified rotating antenna. We kept having to rotate the thing because we kept losing the signal from Pittsburg, Ks and would have to tune in to some station in Nebraska. When we'd lose that signal, back to Pittsburg. I remember the team just standing on the field for several minutes after the game. I don't know if it was shock or just plain exhaustion, but they never were the same again.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.