View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 10:09 PM   #13
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
You're not factoring time-value of money either. If Jones gets Donald money then he's really getting less. It's by how much he exceeds Donald money you'd have to question.

I would let this year play out and see what level of production you get out of Jones before committing to it, but I'd likely pay Jones over Tyreek. I just think it is much more rare to find a 10-sack DT than it is a highly productive WR. Get a haul for Tyreek, and I bet you would, spend a 1st on Jalen Reagor, and keep on keepin on.
The NPV calculation isn't lost on me, and I'm probably not smart enough to actually get it to a number, but the fact is it is just over a year old, and the difference in a year is probably less than the difference between Donald and Jones.

I love Jones, but he is a firm step below Donald, and I still won't believe that the production per unit salary cap will be greater than Donald if Jones and Donald have the same contract, even a year of inflation later.

RE: Reek. I don't know what I'd do here. I'm hoping he comes cheap after the extortion attempt. I'm expecting him to walk. Philosophically I'm unwilling to break the bank on a WR, because the QB (We have Mahomes!) can get production out of menial guys. HOWEVER, the difference between what Reek is capable of and the next dude is as wide as anyone I can think of (except maybe Donald - dude blows my mind). I could be convinced to ride out his development.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.