View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 10:21 AM   #1576
In Search of a Life

It was less to do with your belief about the Cubs needing a leadoff hitter and more to do with your belief that Fowler was the answer. I've been saying since Fowler was technically no longer a member of the Cubs the second Rizzo caught the last out of 2016 that they need a leadoff hitter. I've always believed that you need a table setter no matter what the analytics say in regards to putting someone like Rizzo leadoff vs someone like what Fowler used to be.

I just dont have a clue where you find it. I was really hoping with the Phillies offering that deal to Kingery that the Cubs could have made a move for Cesar Hernandez and I dont think it would have cost much more than flipping them CJ Edwards at the time, before he stuck his head firmly up his ass. Hernandez isnt something to write home about but hes patient, takes his walks, and makes contact. I could live with his lack of power because that's all I care about from a leadoff hitter.

Do they try to trade for Inciarte? Do they even have the pieces where it would make sense?

I just struggle to see where they can go. My best thought is looking at the Padres and seeing what it would take to get Margot and hope by some ****ing miracle he keeps up his 2nd half pace of getting on base like hes still in the minors.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.