Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 07:20 PM   #2372
**** the Raiders

Finally went to the range today to start practicing my left handed shooting. I started off with the new XDm10 so I wouldn’t have to worry about trying to manipulate a slide safety designed for a right handed shooter. As I’ve never shot weak side before that gun beat the hell out of me and, as expected, my accuracy was all over the place. The much better than expected trigger I experienced the first time I shot it felt like a typical DAO trigger in my left hand. Of course that, along with the beating I took is primarily a strength issue that will be resolved with continued shooting and accuracy will start to improve at that point - with that gun. I also brought the Delta Elite so I could a run a few mags through it as well just because I love it. Low and behold my accuracy suddenly turned quite respectable. There were a few of those Super Trooper, “What, that little guy? I wouldn’t worry about that little guy” shots that stayed on paper but were definitely removed from the grouping. So more practice is absolutely in order before I can consider carrying it and, even though it was respectable for the first time shooting weak side some shrinking of the groupings a little should also be a priority. And I’ll need practice in working the slide safety positioned on the “wrong” side. But I feel much more confident about getting to the pointing carrying on my left after today.
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.