View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #3798
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
At least it will get better next year considering most corners on the roster are under contract through 2020 and we have enough cap room to fortify the position. Any rookie we draft will be able to ease into their role.

Oh wait, literally none of that's true. We have almost nobody at corner under contract other than Ward and some scrubs. We will have precious little cap room available after signing Jones and/or Hill, so good luck adding a significant piece in free agency. So we're forced to draft a corner high and start them from day 1. The problem is, every other team knows this and any corner needy team will be trying to jump us into the early to mid 20s to draft a corner ahead of us. But hey, I guess taking guys like Speaks, Saunders, and DOD I'm the 2nd and 3rd round the past two drafts was more important. I'm pretty confident that not a single one of those 3 will be a starter by the end of 2020, and some might not even still be on the team. Is anyone surprised when we have the same depth problems year after year?
Or Keivarae Russell who was cut 5 mins after he was drafted. You aren’t going to hit on every pick dude. Nobody does. Every goddamn team has a high pick that doesn’t pan out. Every team has several through the years.

Idk what you’re bitching about right now. Fuller, Breeland and Claiborne are all starting caliber players. That’s not terrible by any means.

Ward is probably our 3rd or 4th corner who is developmental and Fields will be depth who rarely plays.

Next years corner class is very good. Next years corner FA market is very good. I don’t mind getting guys like Breeland and Claiborne again next year for cheap while we draft a corner high in a deep class.

That’s the way it is. Every team has a position group that young and full of stars.Ours happens to be corner.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote