View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 10:18 AM   #3797
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
At least it will get better next year considering most corners on the roster are under contract through 2020 and we have enough cap room to fortify the position. Any rookie we draft will be able to ease into their role.

Oh wait, literally none of that's true. We have almost nobody at corner under contract other than Ward and some scrubs. We will have precious little cap room available after signing Jones and/or Hill, so good luck adding a significant piece in free agency. So we're forced to draft a corner high and start them from day 1. The problem is, every other team knows this and any corner needy team will be trying to jump us into the early to mid 20s to draft a corner ahead of us. But hey, I guess taking guys like Speaks, Saunders, and DOD I'm the 2nd and 3rd round the past two drafts was more important. I'm pretty confident that not a single one of those 3 will be a starter by the end of 2020, and some might not even still be on the team. Is anyone surprised when we have the same depth problems year after year?
Patrick Peterson my friend! He's the solution.

He's got two years left on his contract. He would be perfect for this team.

Not giving more than a 2nd round pick for him though.
Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Buckweath < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.