View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 05:14 PM   #3270
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I mean if the shoe fits, RealSNRacist...

Seriously - there are a lot of savvy guys with limited physical skills that run precise routes who have been successful at WR who you could've chosen.

There's Adam Humph.....I mean Eric Deck....well there's Cole Beasl...

Point taken...

(but seriously, the person you're looking for is Adam Humphries)
I actually really wracked my brain trying to think of successful black WRs with limited flashy physical skills (speed, size, YAC play making...) who were underdrafted (if drafted at all) and came from non-dominant college football programs. I can think of one dude from the modern NFL era. That's it.

Donald Driver.

7th round pick from Alcorn State. Very intelligent and savvy player. Worked tirelessly on route running due to his limited speed.

But even that's pushing it. A lot. The dude almost qualified for the Olympics in the high jump. That just was an overlooked trait of his that NFL teams kept passing on until the Packers finally realized that high jump ability paired pretty damn well with a QB like Brett Favre who loved to rifle shit into places it didn't belong. And even then, the reason Driver had as good of a career as he did wasn't because he was this jump ball-winning deep throw guy. He did it by being well-rounded on ALL routes, especially those short curls and crosses that were staples of the Packers offense during that time.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.