View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 01:33 PM   #3139
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I have this terrible theory, that you should draft ALL college arms, always in the top 10 rounds unless there is a generational talent somewhere. Those have the lowest potential of bust. And then you just flip those for bats later. Rinse and repeat. I'm sure Duncan will be able to come along and prove me wrong but I'd like to see somebody try that.

It’s all about what you can do with what you draft.

The Royals have done best with college arm scouting of late, but you have to have some position players in the system.

I wouldn’t go that extreme but don’t have a problem with prioritizing college arms in the early rounds.

Re: how long a position player needs to be i. The system before you really think about them, I get where you’re coming from but don’t think that’s a realistic way of looking at it. But yeah, of guys who have been in the system for 1+ years, Hicklen is probably the second best prospect. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. He’s been pretty productive, especially for Wilmington.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.