View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #3108
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
I understand pitchers sometimes can have misleading stats due to them focusing on certain pitches. Can the same thing apply to hitters?

Common theme is to make the players you’re developing more complete by challenging them to find success with things they don’t currently do well.

IE... you need to develop your third pitch to get outs... take away secondary out pitch entirely.

Or... you hit everything you can to the pull side, even pitches away with spin.

Or... you excel hitting early in counts but need to improve two-strike approach and pitch recognition. Work deeper. Etc.

I don’t know if the Royals are doing any of that stuff with Witt, but it’s common practice.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.