View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 03:46 PM   #326
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
With the way Mahomes talks about him, I think there’s a long term plan for Kafka. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was our next OC and HC in waiting. I could see him becoming our OC next year and serving in that role until Reid retires.
If that's going to happen, that means Reid will need to retire pretty soon. Probably within the next 5 years, if not earlier.

This obsession with hiring any offensive coach who once got sneezed on by Sean McVay probably isn't going to die down any time soon. Andy Reid's offensive coaches are going to be in that same position. It didn't end with Peterson and Nagy, and I'd imagine given how close the Jets were to hiring Bieniemy, he's going to get a head coach job in the very near future. Kafka will probably get promoted (I doubt Reid gives the job to Heck or Greg Lewis), and then it will be 1-2 years from that point when he'll get hired as a likely HC.

The Chiefs and Rams currently have the hottest system from which to hire young offense-minded head coaches who can work with young QBs. Unless you're a weirdo team like Denver, there probably aren't very many instances where you wouldn't want that for your team. Hire the QB guru, draft the QB, and then trust the process.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.