View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 02:42 PM   #323
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
We had a lot of people voice concerns (hell, I may have been one of them, not entirely sure) over Reid choosing him over one of the other offensive assistants who had been with the team for awhile. We had a brand new first year starting QB, so people were pretty adamant about getting somebody whose specialty was the passing game or at least had extensive experience coaching multiple positions. Maybe Kafka wasn't ready yet, but then somebody like Tom Melvin probably would have made a lot more sense to people if Reid had chosen him. Bieniemy had only ever been a RB coach and college offensive coordinator up to that point, so a lot of people pushed back against his promotion.

But the guy ain't just a RB coach. He has clearly familiarized himself with all aspects of all the positions. And I think that has given the offense a needed fresh perspective that just wasn't really there when it was Reid -> Peterson/Nagy

See for yourself: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...313115&page=15
With the way Mahomes talks about him, I think there’s a long term plan for Kafka. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was our next OC and HC in waiting. I could see him becoming our OC next year and serving in that role until Reid retires.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.