Thread: Life The bee keeper diaries
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 09:55 PM   #310
Supporter

I got a call tonight. Sunday a guy was tearing down a house and ripped open a wall of bees. They had destroyed the comb(ugh)...and said a large ball of bees had gathered on a tree. Today they were on the ground in the rubble of the flat house near the former hive entrance location.

I put a box near them and most of them marched in, but I didn't catch a queen that I saw.

The colony is in a box in my yard, it this late in the season I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I might try to look for a queen tomorrow, I might pull a couple of brood frames from other hives and I'm considering spraying them with sugar water and dumping them I to my newest/smallest hive.

Thoughts?
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.