View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 08:30 PM   #1023
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Got a letter yesterday telling me that DTV was automatically going to charge me $48.99 per month, for 6 months, for NFL Sunday Ticket. Said if I didn't want it I had to call them and cancel it by Sept. 22. Kinda pissed me off SO, I called DTV and told them that I wanted to cancel Sunday Ticket. The guy said that he couldn't cancel it b/c I did not know my Pin #. I told him I never got one. He then asked me who my favorite singer is? He said it was a security question. I was like WTF? Told him it's Geddy Lee. He said that's not who they had listed. I was like WTF? I KNOW who I am and KNOW my SS# and Account # and anything else that would be tied to me or my account but because I didn't know my PIN# or favorite singer, he couldn't help me??? SO, then I got REALLY PISSED and told him that I wanted to CLOSE MY DTV ACCOUNT -He then transferred me to someone with a brain - who asked me for the last 4 of my social, DOB and phone number. He determined that I was indeed who I said I was. (YAY!) Then he said that they didn't want me to close my account, because I have been a loyal customer for 10 years, and offered me $45 off my total bill every month for a year, if I didn't cancel. SO, I said OK and now I want Sunday Ticket for $48.99 per month because if they're knocking off $45 per month for a year, and letting me keep all my same programming, it's like I'm getting Sunday ticket for $3.99 per month / $24 total. I wasn't planning on it turning out this way, it just did. So, maybe some of you can say that you want to close your DTV account, and see if you get the same deal.

Last edited by TEX; 08-31-2019 at 01:25 PM..
TEX has disabled reputation