View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 05:53 PM   #752
Special Teams ACE!!!

After watching Bienemy's press conference, I really think he might be the best OC we've had of the Reid era. He's probably the most well-rounded guy we've had from the standpoint of being an innovator but also from knowing the finer points of coaching each offensive position, and tying those together to create gameplans.

He talked about Watkins' size combined with his speed and how tall dudes can be fast, but it makes it more difficult to control that height and do sudden direction changes while keeping up that speed, and how that's something he really really encouraged Watkins to improve and fine-tune this year and how it's paying off.

He didn't say this, but it's kind of clear that he coaches players to improve technical aspects of their positions with the understanding of, "If you do this, we can run X and add Y element to Z packages..."

And he's doing that across the board. Obviously for RBs, but also the TEs, WRs, OL, and he's still working closely with Mahomes and the other QBs.

People were a bit worried about a guy with only RB coaching experience running an offense based so heavily on creative pass concepts, but I think Bienemy is a bit more refined in the way he can work with all of the offensive positions moreso than Pederson and Nagy were. And as it is, we've still got fantastic QB coaches to keep up on Mahomes.

And this makes sense. Andy Reid wasn't a QB. He was an OL guy, whose first position coach job was TEs, and then one day out of nowhere he was the QB coach to Brett Favre, who had just won a Super Bowl. I don't think there's any reason why Bienemy couldn't become equally as adept, particularly if he possess Andy Reid's creativity.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote